Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What's that smell?

Well, I can tell you that smell is not me anymore!

A couple of days ago, the old lady (with no pants on sometimes) took me into a small room that had a lot of white in it. My mom was looking for me and looking for me - inside and out. The old lady helped me into a big bowl and then turned on some water. She put the water all over me and scrubbed me before mom finally found us in there! Mom said I was being a really good girl in the bathtub and she even took some pictures, but her interwebz is working funny again so she can't put them on the computer yet. I didn't mind the bath so much but I hated it after mom and the old lady used some cloth to lift me out and then I was just wet and waiting to dry.

It took a long time for me to dry and it was kind of cold out so I was doing my pee and poo really quickly so I could come back into the warm house! I think I like this bath thing because I smell good and mom pats me more. She says my breath still smells but it's not so bad now that my fur smells good and is all shiny. Now the big problem is that a lot of my hair is coming out - mom calls it "shedding" - and my hair is all over the place. Actually, this isn't so much a problem for me but mom has trouble finding hair-free hands to eat food with and do other things!

I have been feeling better these days - mom keeps telling me it's the big white pills that she is giving me but I don't believe that anything that icky to swallow can be good for me! Anyways, the other day, I made mom laugh and almost cry because I peed and then ran back to her and slapped my paws on the ground, trying to get her to play. She was really excited that I was "instigating play" and she told everyone a million times and she looked really proud. Everytime I run around like a puppy, it makes her laugh and smile.

Speaking of pills, mom got me some new ones today. They are big and clear and the fluid inside smells fishy to me. She tried to trick me by crushing up the glucosamine and then squeezing out the fishy ones and mixing it all in peanut butter... but I was not fooled. It was gross, but she pushed it in my mouth and made me eat it. I am not tricked when she tries to put the pills in weeners, either. I am just way too smart for her!

Tonight, I went out for my pee with mom and ran around and played all silly like and then we came back inside. Zoey and Morrie were bad dogs and went to visit the neighbor so the old man went to get them and when they came back, someone (and I am not pointing paws, but he is brown and his name starts with an "M" and ends with an "orrie") smelled terrible. Mom and her sister made awful faces and hid their noses and mouths and screaming "SKUNK! SKUNK!". I don't know what a skunk is but if that's what it smells like, I never want to meet one! Right now, Morrie is in the bathtub, taking a bath. He doesn't like them as much as I do (well, I don't like them, but I don't hate them). He whines and claws and tries to get out. Mom says he deserves it for being too friendly with the skunk... I'm just glad I'm not the stinky one anymore!!

Holding my nose,
Callie

No comments: