Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Coming Out Of My Shell

Hi everyone!

This morning, we all woke up and there was snow on the ground. Mom and her sister don't seem to like it very much - they say it is too early - but I like it just fine! I haven't seen a lot of snow before, just from inside of a chain link run, so I had to explore in it a little bit.

I have discovered that Bella wants to steal my crate. I love my crate, even though mom says it is too small for me and she will get me a new one in a few days. Everytime Bella walks by me when I am sleeping in there, she gives me the evil eye. She can give me the evil eye all she wants when I am not in my crate, but when I am in my house, that's not allowed! Mom usually says something like "Bella, mind your own business!" or "You only want it because someone else has it, Bella!" and she leaves me alone. Sometimes I have to let her know that it's not okay to covet my crate, though. Sometimes mom yells at me for it!

Mom keeps saying she wishes I would come out of my crate more, but I just love to sleep - I can't help it - and sometimes I don't realize that my door is open. It also makes me nervous to leave my crate when Bella is poking around, because she might just steal it when I am not watching! Mom put Bella in her crate last night so I could be comfortable and waited to see if I would come out by myself.

Well, mom and her sister were doing something funny with sharp knives and big round orange things, so I had no choice but to investigate. I came into the place where all the treats live (mom says I have to call it the 'kitchen' and start learning the right words for things!) and watched mom for a while. I smiled at her and wagged my tail, and she told me she loves it when I do that, so I think I will try to do it some more! Then she got down on the floor and snuggled me and snuggled me. I really like it when she does that - no one has snuggled me that much in a really long time! When she was done snuggling me, I laid down on the floor beside her to watch her work. Mom's sister let Bella come out of her crate, but I stayed with mom because she doesn't let anything happen to me.

Mom keeps talking about that operation to make my girl parts stop making puppies. She says she wants me to have one because I don't ever have to have puppies again. Don't get me wrong, I love puppies - but in the place with the man before, I had puppies all the time - and if I didn't have puppies beside me, they were inside me! The man who kept me always took my puppies away too soon, too, and I heard mom say something about a 'pet shop' where puppies go. There were lots of other girl dogs at my old home, and they all always had puppies too. My belly is all stretched out and swingy because I have had so many puppies. Mom says that the place I came from was called a 'puppy mill' and that I am lucky I got to her because some other people said, when she got me, that she should make me have more puppies and make some money, but mom told me that my puppy making days are over. I can be friends with puppies and babysit puppies but I don't have to be responsible for any more.

Anyways, my mom says she can't really afford for me to have that operation yet, but soon. I heard her and her sister saying something about a day called "Christmas" and how they aren't going to give each other gifts, but look after me instead. I hope there is some money left over so they can give each other gifts, too, because I would feel bad if all they got were licks and tail wags!

Mom wanted to say thank you to all the people who joined my Facebook group so they can learn about me!

SMILES and tail wags,
Callie!

No comments: