Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I hate glycasa.. gluconti... glucoglomee!

Well, lots of things have been happening over the last few days. Yesterday was a pretty big day for me.

First, in the morning, I was sitting in my crate and mom was sitting on the couch near my crate. Morrie got up on her lap and he was wiggling all over and giving her a lot of kisses and I got pretty excited - he is awfully big to be a lap dog, maybe I wasn't too big afterall! And she didn't seem to be getting mad... so I went over and before mom noticed me, I got my paws up on the couch and I was pushing against her with my chest, trying to get up. My back legs aren't as strong as they used to be so she had to give me a little lift, but I gave her kisses all over her face and settled in. I spent about an hour just sitting on her lap and laying on her while she watched Dr. Phil and Ellen. She kept patting me and patting me... she's soft and comfortable, and I love her so much!

Then, she and her sister went away for a little while. When they came back, mom called me into the kitchen... she had my FAVOURITE treat... she calls them 'weeners' and they are delicious! Anyways, she gave me the weener and it felt a little funny in the middle, but I swallowed it up and two more pieces. Mom looked all pleased with herself, like a dog that ate a cat for dinner, and then she told her sister that I didn't even notice the glucica... glucosa... 'glucosamine'! Today when she tried to give me those pills again, I ate two pieces and left about half of the third. She was kind of disappointed with me and she told me that I need to take these pills to make my shoulder feel better and my back legs stronger. She says I will move a lot easier if I just take the pills like a good dog.

She told me she has a doctor's appointment for me on Thursday. It has been a long time since I have seen a doctor, so I don't remember when the last time was or even if I really like a doctor or not! Mom said if I am really good, she'll give me lots of weeners and she told her sister she hopes that I don't bite the doctor. I don't like biting, but I have discovered I like licking quite a lot!

Lately, mom has been calling me out of my crate and then closing the door behind me so I have to stay out. I am even coming out of my crate when Bella is sniffing around. Mom always makes sure she stays away from it while I'm not right there to protect it - she says "Bella, that's rude! You would never tolerate her doing the same thing to you!" I really don't want to make mom mad so I am trying not to get so worried everytime Bella comes near my crate.

Mom also changed things a little bit so I have a bowl of water in my crate with me at night. She is really happy that I haven't made any messes in the house and it helps me to eat my kibble more easily to have some water to swallow it down with. I have one tooth that is a little broken off and a few more on the bottom that are kind of short so it helps me to have something to wash down the good food mom gives me with. I was having a hard time eating everything she gave me before, but now that she gave me the water, I eat it all up like a good girl!

I miss mom a lot when she goes away to what she calls 'work' (I don't know where it is but she leaves the house sometimes for a few hours at a time), so today, I got her orange plastic shoe that she wears around the house and kept it in my crate with me so I would have something to help me think of her while she was gone. When she got home, she crawled right inside my crate (did I tell you already that my crate is big enough that mom can get in it with me?!) and took it out, but I think when she leaves tomorrow, I will take it again.

Mom told me one of her friends (Hi, Sarah!) told her that I need to have a Christmas wish list. Right now, I like weeners and squishy squeaky balls. Mom says that by Christmas time, she is sure I will know some other things that I like (she tells me there is a whole world of toys out there that I haven't met yet!), and if I need some more help from the doctor that mom can't afford, we can maybe add some of that stuff to my Christmas list. Mom doesn't want to ask people for help if she can help it though... so I will have to start thinking about my Christmas list, then. Thanks a lot, Sarah, I didn't even know that dogs can get gifts for Christmas!

Lick, lick, lick, AND LOVE!

Callie

No comments: