Sunday, October 26, 2008

Good news!!

Hi!

I am settling in really well and getting along with all the other dogs, even Bella! Today when mom and her sister were watching the tv, mom locked me out of my crate (she says I have to be social!) and made up a little bed by the couch where she was sitting. She called me over (I am learning my name really well!) and I sat down on the little bed and she patted me for a long time. I laid down, and then I sat up, I slept a little bit, I licked mom's face and put my paw on her leg - all the other dogs get up on the couch, I don't know why I can't! Mom and her sister told me I could get up and tried to talk me into coming on there, but I still can't get over the rules - dogs aren't supposed to be on furniture or in laps! Someday, I might try it, but right now I don't want to do anything to make mom mad. After we watched the tv for a while, Bella came over and we shared the bed that mom made. It's fine to share beds with Bella when it's not in my crate. Even though there is lots of room in my new crate, I don't want her in there with me, and mom says she doesn't blame me. That dog is bony and too big!

I'm very excited today because mom told me that I can stay. Well, there are some conditions. She said we are going to see the vet this week to see what kinds of things I might need done. She really wants to make my sore leg comfortable. We will talk to the vet and see what they think about what we can do to make my pain go away. I don't even remember how I hurt it, it was so long ago, so mom says it might take some medicine or it might take a surgery. If the surgery is too expensive, mom was talking to a nice lady named Leah with the East Coast German Shepherd Rescue today and mom said that if it is too much for her to handle, she will find me a new home that can afford to give me the care I need.

I really love my mom and even though I knew all along this was temporary, I would really like to stay. I am beginning to love my new family, and I like going outside and I've even started to try and play with Morrie and Stinky a little bit! I can get along in pretty much any home now, I think, that I have met all these new dogs and proved that I don't react to very much.

Mom says that it seems like every day, my tail wagging gets stronger and stronger, and my smile gets bigger. Farm life really suits me. The old lady and old man who live here are getting ready to build a really good, dog proof fence, so mom doesn't have to come and watch me pee all the time - it's embarrassing!

My mom says she will make sure to let everyone know about all the technical stuff with my visit to the vet this week that I don't understand, and she also wants me to pass on another thank you message for all the kind words and thoughts we have gotten over the last week over the interwebz. She told me that my Facebook fan club had 18 members before and now it has 45 members, so people are hearing my story and learning about dogs like me!

Licks!

Callie

No comments: