Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My new family

Hi!

Mom says it is important for me to talk about the new family that I have and how much I like them.

There are six other dogs already living at mom's house. They are all pretty nice, and I get along with most of them.

I already talked about Bella - my mom says she is also a German Shepherd Dog, but something seems to have gone terribly wrong with her. She is very tall (much taller than I am, more like my boyfriends were, but she is a girl) and her ears don't stand up good like mine do. Mom says she had a not-always-good life before she came to live with us. She really loves mom's sister and doesn't want me to even look at her. Little does she know that mom's sister pats me in secret! She is a little bit overbearing and sometimes when I am sleeping in my kennel, she stares at me and I think she is telling me she would like to steal my little home. I don't like that very much, but when the home is not in the picture, I don't mind her. She plays really hard with all the other dogs, jumping around and rolling them on the ground.

I also talked about Morrie. He is very friendly and seems to be my best friend here so far. He doesn't care that I am strange, he walks up to me with his bum wiggling. I don't know what happened to his tail but he told me he has to shake his bum so I know he is friendly. He plays with me but not too hard, and he keeps me company when my mom is looking after the really big dogs in the barn. He is pretty small - just a little bit shorter than me and a pretty brown colour with white and tan on him.

Then there are Zoey and Gypsy - they are sisters and very, very cute, if not a little bit weird. Mom says they are the same 'breed' as Morrie, whatever breed means. Gypsy is all black with a little bit of white and long hair, and Zoey is white and black and gray and tan. She has one funny eye that is blue. She is really neurotic about a lot of things. She loves my mom's sister best as well. Gypsy loves the old man and the old woman who live here the most.

Sasha is much bigger than me, and fatter too (I didn't know that was possible!). She is all black and tan all over and her 'breed' is something like german shepherd.. or german dane... or great shepherd... oh! GREAT DANE! She is older and wiser than even me (at least I am not the oldest lady here) and she plays sometimes, and she's pretty friendly. She loves everyone equally, but I think mom's sister loves her best.

The last dog, I don't know her name. Everyone calls her something different and sometimes the same person calls her something different. Sometimes she is called Tinky, sometimes she is called Stinky, sometimes mom's sister calls her Tinkerbelle - I just don't know what to think! She is little and cute but she barks at me. She is always sitting on the old lady's lap, I don't know why! Dogs aren't supposed to get on furniture or in people's laps but the dogs who live here at mom's house obviously don't know the rules the right way!

There are also some little things that go 'meow' around here. I am not sure if I like them or not. One of them got too close to my kennel last night right before mom went to bed so I barked at her - mom told me to be quiet, even though it was the first time she had ever heard me bark!

Love and tail wags,
Callie

P.S. My mom wanted me to share this picture of myself. I don't know why. She said I looked really pretty in it with the grass all dead behind me. I was just waiting for my mom and then I saw her and she took this picture of me with her big funny camera!






No comments: